Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

#8 - Weigh what is says on my driver's license

I may have bent the truth a little bit the last time I had to update my driver's license.  Didn't really lie actually, just didn't update the part about my weight.  The fields for my height (6'-2") hadn't changed nor sex (rarely), so I figured I'd just leave the weight where it was, even though that particular number was well back in the rear view mirror.

Anyway, I've since been a little worried whenever in a traffic stop (which is often) that I may be arrested for trying to impersonate a thinner person.

Short of contracting some debilitating disease or having my broken jaw wired shut, I figured I was never likely to get back to my ideal weight, much less my driver's license weight.  But when the time came to draft my hundred and one things, I decided I might as well throw this one out there.

Once it was on the list I didn't give it much thought again until early this year, with the arrival of the Christmas family photos.  "Good God! Who is the FAT F__K in those pictures?!?!?"  Well, that was me.

So, I started on a diet.  And exercise.  And joined in a little weight loss competition at work.  And I actually started to lose weight.

Today was the final weigh-in at work and actually measured in at 2.2 lbs under my DLW.  So, I'm going to count this one really quick before I put all the weight back on again.

Actually, I have about another 12 or 13 pounds to get to my real target weight, so I'm going to keep going for a while.

Wii is an Idiot
One little side note: the only "scale" we have in the house is our Wii Fit.  (Actually, that's not true...I have a little electronic kitchen scale, but I'd have to cut myself up into little 2lb increments to weigh myself on that.)  I have lately been weighing in on the scale at work and haven't checked in on the Wii for months.  So, just for kicks I got on the Wii the other evening to see how it compared with the readings at the office.

So, I get on and the first thing out of the Wii's...mouth?...as it magically calculates my BMI is "That's Obese!"  No "Hey, haven't seen you in a while" or "Wow, you've lost 30 lbs since last you stepped on me."  No, just calls me obese.  (Actually, I Googled my height and weight and found a site that says I'm just Overweight, so I'm sticking with that.)

So Wii goes on to suggest that a good target weight for me would be 171.5 lbs.  ONE SEVENTY ONE FIVE!!!!  For the record, I haven't weighed 171.5 since I was a sophomore in high school.  When I was in my best shape ever, running 10Ks and doing peak climbs in the Sierras all summer, I weighed about 208.  And also for the record, 171.5 is another SIXTY-SEVEN POINT THREE POUNDS less than what I weighed in this morning.   You do the math.  I'm pretty sure I've eaten meals that weigh more than 171.5.

Anyway, tonight I am going to celebrate with a little Woodford Reserve  90 proof.  110 calories per shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment