Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

#66 - Decorate with a home-grown Christmas tree

Fortunately I was not too specific about what I meant by "decorate."  My original intent was to use a home-grown tree in lieu of a store bought, farmed tree.  Turns out those Christmas trees take a lot longer than three years to reach any kind of size (at least the way I grow them.)

The tree I ended up using was actually a little volunteer pine that showed up along our fence.  Denise was out talking to our neighbor who was spraying his weeds with Round-Up.  He offered to spray the tree, but I had fortunately already mentioned to Denise that I had plans for the little guy.  First a rescued mastiff, now a rescued pine tree.  Who knows what we'll rescue next.

Anyway, I nearly got through the holidays without finishing this.  Finally on Christmas Eve I got up in the morning and started "decorating" the tree.



In case you're wondering, yes that is the ribbon out of a Pabst Blue Ribbon beer can at the top of the tree and the ornaments are Thai and Habanero Peppers.  I thought it was beautiful.


1 comment: