Somewhere back around early February we were walking through the Home Depot and there was a guy sitting out in the aisle hawking solar systems. I must have been in the right mood, so we signed up for a home solar evaluation. A short 4 months or so later and...
...here we are!
It's a small system on top of our garage, because our eucalyptus trees shade the main house. And I'm not about to lose the eucalyptus, messy though they may be, because they're the only shade we have in the backyard. Take those out and my AC bill would skyrocket, negating any solar benefit.
Although the installation was completed today, it's not actually operational yet, because a) the city needs to sign off on the permit and b) Edison needs to approve.
I'll probably need to post a comment when it's actually generating power, just to update how it all works out.
And on another note I should also have signed off on...
In fairness, this wasn't much of an investigation, but investigate I did, however briefly. My investigation consisted of looking at our dark hallway and saying "Hey, a solar tube might be good in this hall," after which I quickly Googled "solar tubes" and asked Denise if we should get one.
"NO!" came the emphatic reply.
Investigation closed.
No comments:
Post a Comment