SCORE! On the recommendation of Jane Griffin, made a late lunch/early dinner stop at Lou Malnati's Pizzeria in Lincoln Park, Chicago.
Mmmm, Beer! I quite enjoyed that.
The pizza is not fast food - takes 30 minutes or so to bake - so started off with a Malnati Salad.
After the salad, the star of the show, The "Malnati Chicago Classic."
The sausage; fabulous! The cheese, cheesy, the sauce, saucy. The butter crust; awesome! Yumm. The only disappointment - we ordered a small, having no convenient way to transport leftovers.
Happily, it appears that Malnati's ships, so I can always order a pie on the web.
We have received other Chicago-style recommendations; Edwardo's Natural Pizza promoted by Denise Haerr and Pizzeria Due, recommended by some helpful Chicagoan on the Red Line. Actually, I think he was hitting on Denise.
It turns out that there is an Edwardo's just down the street from our hotel and Pizzeria Due appears to be within easy striking distance. I intend to hit both before I'm done.
Damn. I have been craving pizza and that looks fabulous! (I should know better by now than to read your blog at meal time...)
ReplyDelete