Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

101 Things in 1001 Days

101 Thing to do in 1001 Days

Effective January 1, 2011, I commenced this list of the one hundred and one things to do in the next one thousand and one days.  By my reckoning (actually by the reckoning of www.timeanddate.com) 1001 days from January 1, 2011 will be September 28, 2013.

Saturday, Septemner 28, 2013!  Excellent!  Being on a Saturday, I'll be able to cram a lot of items in on the last day if I'm running late.

This all stems from the fact that over the years I have become increasingly - what's the word - boring.  I used to do some things that were kind of interested, or at least entertaining to myself; rock climbing, backpacking, skiing, waterskiing, bike riding, the occasional road trip.  Lately, between the office and the efforts to forestall the rapid decline of our homestead, all work and no play has made Jim a dull boy.

So, maybe by documenting the stuff I'd like to do and giving myself a deadline of sorts I'll be able to accomplish a few things of interest before shuffling off this mortal coil.  It won't hurt that we should have a little bump in disposable income, what with Nicholas completing his studies at UC Davis.

I'll be posting updates as I check off list items, just to keep tabs on myself.

To review the entire list, click the "The List" link in the upper right cornier of the page.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment