Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

Number 24 is history.  As of this evening, I have made corn tortillas from scratch.

Nicholas and I purchased a tortilla press at Kitchen Fantasy (they do not seem to cater to my particular fantasy, but that's another story) in Temecula.  For my first attempt, they was not without some redeeming qualities, although it would have been nice to have known WTF I was doing.  Some didn't want to come off the press so cleanly, thus the disfigured little creatures in the photo, but after some practice they started coming out pretty nicely.

The finished products were actually edible.  Gave them a short fry and converted applied them to Quinoa-and-Brown-Rice Tacos.  These I have made previously, and the fact that I've made them a second time must bode well for them.

1 comment:

  1. Is there a recipe posted somewhere for the quinoa and brown rice tacos?

    ReplyDelete