Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

#80 and #94, Carpool and Have Knives Sharpened

Quick note that, with help from Nicholas, I can check off #94 - Have my knives professionally sharpened.  We dropped some of them off one Saturday at Kitchen Fantasy (a silly name;  all they sell is cooking stuff - that's not my kitchen fantasy) in Temecula.  Actually, since they couldn't have the knives back until Monday I decided not to leave all my knives, keeping one so that I'd have something to cook with over the weekend.  Nick picked up the sharpened knives and dropped off the extra one on Monday, so by Tuesday or so they were razor sharp.  I have yet to cut myself with them, but it's only a matter of time.

I am also checking off #80 - Carpool.  I have carpooled quite a bit previously with a couple office mates, but let it lapse for most of the last year or so while I was spending almost all my time in El Cajon.  Of course, now that we are trying to pool again I am spending a lot of time at Escondido.  Oh well, I'm pooling when I can.  There irritating thing is that I tend to put about 20 miles on my car just getting to and from the carpool pickup spot.  Oh well, at around 4 bucks a gallon, every little bit helps.

Hopefully I will be able to keep my knives sharpened and my car pooling.  Otherwise I'll need to reinstate them on the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment