The lye-cured olives taste surprisingly olivey and are the clear winner. Also, they cured the quickest and you can't beat the adrenaline rush of cooking with caustic chemicals. Any day you have to glove-up to prevent injury from something you're planning to eat is a good day.
Having tasted of my olives and finding them palatable, I'm calling #15 complete. Now if I can just get my olive trees to produce I will be a happy man.
Next up - some Tapenade!
| Lye-Cured, Salt-Cured and Water-Cured (Kalamata-style) |
Next up - some Tapenade!
I am proud to announce I have eaten a lye cured olive and have lived to tell the tale.
ReplyDeleteDuh, I guess I copied that quote from Jim. No wonder it was forefront in my tiny little mind.
ReplyDeleteWhy is there a pic of Pabst Blue Ribbon in the background? Was this explained earlier somewhere?
ReplyDeleteNo explanation. It was the picture of a hot dog with mustard, sauerkraut and habanero sauce, served with a PBR on a copy of "Vegetarian Times." Of course, you can't really see the dog or the magazine, but that's what you'd see if you could see it.
ReplyDelete